This podcast is a blog post found at:
We Welcome All Tech Enthusiasts
PSA: I am sorry to say that I had technical problems during the first 35 minutes. Volume levels, computer crashing, and an extra microphone (accidental turned on at re-boot) caused a number of audio problems. I have cleaned it up the best I can, but it is what it is. Still we had a great meeting, and I am always looking forward to the next. Where, I am sure, we’ll have much more technical success.
Some of the Topics from today:
- fast.com– Netflix speed test.
- Linda’s new iPad purchased at Costco for $40 less than at the Apple Store.
- The San Carlos Computer Club Recommended Movies and Shows List hosted on Trakt.tv.
- It’s “Scrobble.”
- Amazon is reportedly negotiating to acquire MGM, the studio behind James Bond and Rocky, for about $9 billion
- AT&T is combining WarnerMedia with Discovery to create a new streaming giant.
- HBO Max, Chip and Joanna Gaines, and ‘Shark Week’ are just some of the 100-plus brands included in AT&T and Discovery’s massive streaming deal.
- Henry Cavill To Star in Lionsgate’s ‘Highlander’ Reboot.
- Alexa has a new, hidden superpower: Transforming into a security camera.
Remote Computer and I.T. Help: email@example.com
- The Spy – In the 1960s, Israeli clerk-turned-secret agent Eli Cohen goes deep undercover inside Syria on a perilous, years-long mission to spy for Mossad. (wikipedia)
- Jupiter’s Legacy – The super-powered children of superheroes struggle to live up to the legendary feats of their parents. (wikipedia)
- The Crime of the Century – A searing indictment of Big Pharma and the political operatives and government regulations that enable over-production, reckless distribution and abuse of synthetic opiates. (wikipedia)
- World on Fire – The story of World War II told through the intertwining fates of ordinary people from all sides of this global conflict as they grapple with the effect of the war on their everyday lives. (wikipedia)
- Traders – The series centered on the employees of Gardner Ross, an investment bank in the Bay Street financial district of Toronto, Ontario. (wikipedia)
- The Tunnel – The plot follows detectives Karl Roebuck and Elise Wasserman working together to find a serial killer who left the upper-half body of a French politician and the lower-half of a British prostitute in the Channel Tunnel, at the midpoint between France and the UK. (wikipedia)
- The Bridge – A murdered body on a bridge between El Paso and Juarez bring together El Paso detective Sonya Cross and Chihuahua State Police detective Marco Ruiz. (wikipedia)
- Ladies in Black – Adapted from the bestselling novel by Madeleine St John, Ladies in Black is an alluring and tender-hearted comedy drama about the lives of a group of department store employees in 1959 Sydney. (wikipedia)
- On the Basis of Sex – Young lawyer Ruth Bader Ginsburg teams with her husband Marty to bring a groundbreaking case before the U.S. Court of Appeals and overturn a century of sex discrimination. (wikipedia)
- Steal me a Pencell – (wikipedia)
- Pianist – (wikipedia)
- Croupier – Jack Manfred is an aspiring writer who to make ends meet, takes a job as a croupier. Jack remains an observer, knowing that everything in life is a gamble and that gamblers are born to lose. Inevitably, he gets sucked into the world of the casino which takes its toll on his relationships and the novel he is writing. (wikipedia)
- Love Song for Bobby Long – A headstrong young woman returns to New Orleans after the death of her estranged mother. (wikipedia)
- Cannonball Run – A cross-country road race is based on an actual event, the Cannonball Baker Sea to Shining Sea Memorial Trophy Dash, organized by Brock Yates to protest the 55 mph speed limit then in effect in the U.S. The Cannonball was named for Erwin G. “Cannonball” Baker, who in the roaring 20’s rode his motorcycle across the country. Many of the characters are based on ruses developed by real Cannonball racers over the several years that the event was run. (wikipedia)
- Rat Race – In an ensemble film about easy money, greed, manipulation and bad driving, a Las Vegas casino tycoon entertains his wealthiest high rollers — a group that will bet on anything — by pitting six ordinary people against each other in a wild dash for $2 million jammed into a locker hundreds of miles away. The tycoon and his wealthy friends monitor each racer’s every move to keep track of their favorites. The only rule in this race is that there are no rules. (wikipedia)
- Ford v Ferrari – American car designer Carroll Shelby and the British-born driver Ken Miles work together to battle corporate interference, the laws of physics, and their own personal demons to build a revolutionary race car for Ford Motor Company and take on the dominating race cars of Enzo Ferrari at the 24 Hours of Le Mans in France in 1966.(wikipedia)
- A Call to Spy – The story of Vera Atkins, a crafty spy recruiter, and two of the first women she selects for Churchill’s “secret army”: Virginia Hall, a daring American undaunted by a disability and Noor Inayat Khan, a pacifist. These civilian women form an unlikely sisterhood while entangled in dangerous missions to turn the tide of the war.(wikipedia)
- The San Carlos Computer Club – Computer Nerds Living in Mexico @sccClub We meet every Tuesday morning online (since COVID) in a virtual meeting using Google Meet. Everyone and anyone is invited to join us, bring your topics and your questions.
- ScanBizCards – business cards scanning, organizing, and accessing from your phone – https://www.scanbizcards.com/
Episode Art Jigsaw Puzzle: https://www.jigsawplanet.com/?rc=play&pid=3d1e3b6aceba
Today’s YouTube Meeting: https://youtu.be/0fXyT7MeAJo
The Impromptu “Clap of God” intro provided joyfully by Viviana, and myself.
Only available on the podcast.
~ listen if you dare ~
Our Meet is scheduled on Google Calendar. To get an invitation you must provide me your Google account id. We also, send reminders by email, Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, and WordPress, so follow and subscribe to the appropriate feeds.
= Find Us On =
twitter: https://twitter.com/sccClub (@sccClub)
iTunes: The San Carlos Computer Club
Looking for something to watch?
Check out our recommended movies and shows list hosted on Trakt.tv at: