Another Tuesday and it’s another meeting…and it’s another day without screens for Vivi, so it’s another Vivi Visit! How cool! I am so luck to have children interested in hanging out with me and doing the things I think are interesting. I hope I never take it for grant it that my kids wanna hangout with me. And with you.
With that in mind; I hope you enjoy this latest released audio of our last meeting.
From your friendly neighborhood tech guy Scott Stimson,
head-Nerd at International Computer Solutions (internationalcs.net)
Contact Scott for Remote Help : firstname.lastname@example.org
Today’s meeting covered the following topics:
- The Wilhelm Scream.
- Apple makes 4 different iPad models — here’s which ones are the newest.
- How A Cybersecurity Firm Uncovered The Massive Computer Hack.
- Top Cyber Firm, FireEye, Says It’s Been Hacked By A Foreign Govt.
- Partial lists of organizations infected with Sunburst malware released online.
- GitHub apologizes for firing Jewish employee who warned of Nazis in U.S. Capitol: TechCrunch.
- Women Used Popular Dating App ‘Bumble’ to Capture Evidence of Capitol Rioters, Then Sent It To the FBI.
- One Night in Miami (Prime) – is a 2020 American drama film about a fictionalized meeting of Malcolm X, Muhammad Ali, Jim Brown, and Sam Cooke in a room at the Hampton House in February 1964, celebrating Ali’s surprise title win over Sonny Liston. It is the first feature directed by Regina King, from a screenplay by Kemp Powers based on his stage play of the same name…from Wikipedia.
Locked Down (Warner Bros. Pictures) – is a 2021 American romantic comedy heist film directed by Doug Liman and written by Steven Knight. The film stars Anne Hathaway and Chiwetel Ejiofor, with Stephen Merchant, Mindy Kaling, Lucy Boynton, Mark Gatiss, Claes Bang, Ben Stiller, and Ben Kingsley in supporting roles…from Wikipedia.
Death to 2020 (Broke and Bones) – is a 2020 British mockumentary by Black Mirror creators Charlie Brooker and Annabel Jones under their Broke and Bones production company as a Netflix original production. The special features a series of fictional characters discussing US and UK events of 2020 including the COVID-19 pandemic and US presidential election…from Wikipedia.
Episode Art Jigsaw Puzzle:
Our YouTube Meeting: https://youtu.be/m7ehhh9M7gQ
The Impromptu Intro: Toothbrushing intro provided by Viviana, and myself. Only available on the podcast (listen if you dare.)
We have returned to Tuesday meetings at a new start time of 10:00am. We will continue our virtual format with online meetings in Google Meet for the foreseeable future.
The Google Meet is scheduled on Google Calendar. If you want to be on that calendar invitation, then provide me your Google account id. Also, provide me with your email address, or follow the appropriate accounts to see a reminder sent out by email, Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, and WordPress on the day of our meeting.
A CHALLENGE: Can you design a phrase or dialog to trigger and execute a smart speaker commands, while masquerading as conversation? #speakerhacker – Any command execution counts, for example: play a song, get the weather, turn on/off a light. The goal is to covertly execute the command with conversation. We’ll play with our speakers and check back in next week. (see article: Uncovered: 1,000 phrases that incorrectly trigger Alexa, Siri, and Google Assistant.)
Special thanks to all of you that have been helping in my endeavors. The things I am doing would not be possible without your support.
Remember, you can always show your support by taking a moment to go on YouTube and iTunes to review, like, and subscribe. When you give our efforts greater exposure it is appreciated as a contribution. Thank you for all your support.
I am always looking forward to our next meeting. Feel free to ‘prep me’ ahead of time with any topics you would enjoy discussing.
= Find Us On =
iTunes: The San Carlos Computer Club
This podcast is related to a blog post found at: https://www.sccclub.org/podcast/january-26-2021-18-the-vivi-visit-2the-wilhelm-scream-quarantine-47.