Hello all you tech-heads out there.
This is our latest meeting.
It was nice to has Vivi join us on the last meeting. She enjoys doing her little part in our production. Even thought she’s never there, she feels a connection to our group from her work doing the intros with me each week.
From your friendly neighborhood tech guy,
Scott Stimson, head-Nerd at International Computer Solutions (internationalcs.net)
Contact Scott for Remote Help : email@example.com
Today’s meeting covered the following topics:
- WiFi AC Specifications Explained – AC1200 vs AC1750 vs AC1900 – AC2200 vs AC3000.
- Technitium DNS Server – is an open source tool that can be used for self hosting a local DNS server for privacy & security or, used for experimentation/testing by software developers on their computer.
- We are still talking about the TP-Link Deco M5 will Bill & Cheryl’s new mesh network.
- Wandavision (Disney+) – premiered with its first two episodes on January 15, 2021, and will run for nine episodes until March 5. It is the first series in Phase Four of the MCU. The series was praised by critics for its homages to past sitcoms and the performances of Olsen and Bettany…from Wikipedia.
- The Stand (CBS All Access) – is described as “King’s apocalyptic vision of a world decimated by plague and embroiled in an elemental struggle between good and evil. The fate of mankind rests on the frail shoulders of the 108-year-old Mother Abagail and a handful of survivors. Their worst nightmares are embodied by a man with a lethal smile and unspeakable powers: Randall Flagg, the nefarious ‘Dark Man.'”…from Wikipedia.
- The Flight Attendant (HBO Max) – is an American drama streaming television series based on the 2018 novel of the same name by Chris Bohjalian. It stars Kaley Cuoco in the title role and premiered on HBO Max on November 26, 2020. In December 2020, the series was renewed for a second season.
- …from Wikipedia.
- News of the World – is a 2020 American Western drama film co-written and directed by Paul Greengrass, based on the 2016 novel of the same name by Paulette Jiles, and starring Tom Hanks and introducing Helena Zengel. The film follows a Civil War veteran who must return a young girl who was stolen by Native Americans as an infant to her last remaining family…from Wikipedia.
- Outside the Wire (Netflix) – is a 2021 American science fiction film directed by Mikael Håfström. It stars Anthony Mackie (who also serves as a producer on the film) as an android officer who works with a drone pilot (Damson Idris) to stop a global catastrophe. Emily Beecham, Michael Kelly, and Pilou Asbæk also star. The film was released by Netflix on January 15, 2021…from Wikipedia.
- One Night in Miami (Prime) – is a 2020 American drama film about a fictionalized meeting of Malcolm X, Muhammad Ali, Jim Brown, and Sam Cooke in a room at the Hampton House in February 1964, celebrating Ali’s surprise title win over Sonny Liston. It is the first feature directed by Regina King, from a screenplay by Kemp Powers based on his stage play of the same name…from Wikipedia.
- The Thing – is a 1982 American science fiction horror film directed by John Carpenter and written by Bill Lancaster. Based on the 1938 John W. Campbell Jr. novella Who Goes There?, it tells the story of a group of American researchers in Antarctica who encounter the eponymous “Thing”, a parasitic extraterrestrial life-form that assimilates, then imitates other organisms…from Wikipedia.
- I was a Male War Bride – is a 1949 comedy film directed by Howard Hawks and starring Cary Grant and Ann Sheridan.The film was based on I Was an Alien Spouse of Female Military Personnel Enroute to the United States Under Public Law 271 of the Congress, a biography of Henri Rochard, a Belgian who married an American nurse.
- …from Wikipedia.
- Three Identical Strangers – is a 2018 documentary film directed by Tim Wardle, about the lives of Edward Galland, David Kellman, and Robert Shafran, a set of identical triplets adopted as infants by separate families. Combining archival footage, re-enacted scenes, and present-day interviews, it recounts how the brothers discovered one another by chance at age 19, their public and private lives in the years that followed, and their eventual discovery that their adoption had been part of an undisclosed scientific “nature versus nurture” study of the development of genetically identical siblings raised in differing socioeconomic circumstances.…from Wikipedia.
Our YouTube Meeting: https://youtu.be/2Ejuf28SqIs
The Impromptu Intro: The Cuphead chaos intro provided by Viviana, Emily, and myself. Only available on the podcast (listen if you dare.)
We have returned to Tuesday meetings at a new start time of 10:00am. We will continue our virtual format with online meetings in Google Meet for the foreseeable future.
The Google Meet is scheduled on Google Calendar. If you want to be on that calendar invitation, then provide me your Google account id. Also, provide me with your email address, or follow the appropriate accounts to see a reminder sent out by email, Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, and WordPress on the day of our meeting.
A CHALLENGE: Can you design a phrase or dialog to trigger and execute a smart speaker commands, while masquerading as conversation? #speakerhacker – Any command execution counts, for example: play a song, get the weather, turn on/off a light. The goal is to covertly execute the command with conversation. We’ll play with our speakers and check back in next week. (see article: Uncovered: 1,000 phrases that incorrectly trigger Alexa, Siri, and Google Assistant.)
Special thanks to all of you that have been helping in my endeavors. The things I am doing would not be possible without your support.
Remember, you can always show your support by taking a moment to go on YouTube and iTunes to review, like, and subscribe. When you give our efforts greater exposure it is appreciated as a contribution. Thank you for all your support.
I am always looking forward to our next meeting. Feel free to ‘prep me’ ahead of time with any topics you would enjoy discussing.
= Find Us On =
iTunes: The San Carlos Computer Club
This podcast is related to a blog post found at: https://www.sccclub.org/podcast/january-12-2021-17-vaccinate-against-the-m1-quarantine-46.