Hello all you tech-heads out there.
This is our latest meeting.
Another meeting with great recommendations and informed commentary from our members. It’s always a pleasure to share and learn with these people.
Remote Computer and I.T. Help email: email@example.com
Today’s meeting covered the following topics:
- Smart Connector on the iPad, how does it work?
- How to Enable Swipe to Delete in Windows 10 Mail.
- Bill’s new smart watch: Sanag Smart Watch for Women Men,Fitness Tracker with Heart Rate,Blood Pressure,Blood Oxygen,IP67 Waterproof Pedometer Smartwatch with Sleep Tracker,Steps,Music,Weather Forecast.
- Scott’s No Brand: USB Magnetic Charging Cable – 3A Max – 3-in-1 Magnetic Rotating Cable.
- Chatterbox: the DIY smart speaker that anyone can program.
- Share an iCloud storage plan with your family
- 7 cool features you can find in Google apps on iOS, but not Android.
- All Super Bowl LV 2021 Ads & Commercials (GM, Toyota, Doritos, Tide Amazon, Robinhood, Cadillac).
- What Should You Binge Watch Next? 100+ Recommendations from Cord Cutters News Readers.
Dr. Pimple Popper (TLC) – is an American reality television series airing on TLC. The series, starring dermatologist and Internet celebrity Dr. Sandra Lee, follows her as she treats patients with unusual cases of facial and skin disorders at her clinic Skin Physicians & Surgeons in the Inland Empire city of Upland, California. The show started with an hour-long special on January 3, 2018 before the first season aired on July 11, 2018.…from Wikipedia.
Mr. Mercedes (Audience) – Retired detective Bill Hodges is still haunted by the unsolved case of “Mr. Mercedes,” who claimed sixteen lives when he drove a stolen Mercedes through a line of job-seekers at a local job fair. Meanwhile, brilliant young psychopath Brady Hartsfield emerges to focus his attention on Hodges…from Wikipedia.
- The Pacific (HBO) – The series is a companion piece to the 2001 miniseries Band of Brothers and focuses on the United States Marine Corps‘s actions in the Pacific Theater of Operations within the wider Pacific War. Whereas Band of Brothers followed the men of Easy Company of the 506th Parachute Infantry Regiment through the European Theater, The Pacific centers on the experiences of three Marines (Robert Leckie, Eugene Sledge, and John Basilone) who were in different regiments (1st, 5th, and 7th, respectively) of the 1st Marine Division…from Wikipedia.
Penguin Bloom (Netflix) – is a 2020 drama film directed by Glendyn Ivin, from a screenplay by Shaun Grant and Harry Cripps, and is based on the book of the same name by Cameron Bloom and Bradley Trevor Greive. It stars Naomi Watts, Andrew Lincoln and Jacki Weaver. The book and film are based on a true story.…from Wikipedia.
The Midnight Sky (Netflix) – (Not recommended by Cheryl) – is a 2020 American science fiction film directed by George Clooney, based on the 2016 novel Good Morning, Midnight by Lily Brooks-Dalton. It stars Clooney as a scientist who must venture through the Arctic Circle to warn off a returning spaceship following a global catastrophe…from Wikipedia.
- Space Sweepers (Netflix) – The plot is set in the year 2092. Earth has become nearly uninhabitable as trees deteriorate and deserts span the lands. Fleeing the sick earth, UTS corporation builds a new orbiting Home for humanity. But only a chosen few can ascend and become the UTS citizens. Under guidance from the UTS founder and CEO, notable scientist, philanthropist, and humanitarian James Sullivan, the company is working towards making Mars a new Earth, growing genetically modified plants on the planet and turning it into a hospitable environment for humans…from Wikipedia.
A Helmet for My Pillow – Here is one of the most riveting first-person accounts to ever come out of the Second World War. Robert Leckie was 21 when he enlisted in the US Marine Corps in January 1942. In Helmet for My Pillow we follow his journey, from boot camp on Parris Island, South Carolina, all the way to the raging battles in the Pacific…from Goodreads.
Episode Art Jigsaw Puzzle:
Our YouTube Meeting: https://youtu.be/YhC-WuDoMzk
The Impromptu Intro: The Valentine’s Day Dinner intro provided by Viviana, and her cousin Paul (and myself) at dinner. Only available on the podcast (listen if you dare.)
We have returned to Tuesday meetings at a new start time of 10:00am. We will continue our virtual format with online meetings in Google Meet for the foreseeable future.
The Google Meet is scheduled on Google Calendar. If you want to be on that calendar invitation, then provide me your Google account id. Also, provide me with your email address, or follow the appropriate accounts to see a reminder sent out by email, Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, and WordPress on the day of our meeting.
A CHALLENGE: Can you design a phrase or dialog to trigger and execute a smart speaker commands, while masquerading as conversation? #speakerhacker – Any command execution counts, for example: play a song, get the weather, turn on/off a light. The goal is to covertly execute the command with conversation. We’ll play with our speakers and check back in next week. (see article: Uncovered: 1,000 phrases that incorrectly trigger Alexa, Siri, and Google Assistant.)
Special thanks to all of you that have been helping in my endeavors. The things I am doing would not be possible without your support.
Remember, you can always show your support by taking a moment to go on YouTube and iTunes to review, like, and subscribe. When you give our efforts greater exposure it is appreciated as a contribution. Thank you for all your support.
I am always looking forward to our next meeting. Feel free to ‘prep me’ ahead of time with any topics you would enjoy discussing.
= Find Us On =
iTunes: The San Carlos Computer Club
This podcast is related to a blog post found at: https://www.sccclub.org/podcast/february-9-2021-20-the-better-to-binge-with-you-quarantine-49.