Hello all you tech-heads out there.
This is our latest meeting.
Another meeting with great recommendations and informed commentary from our members.
It’s always a pleasure to share and learn with these people.
Remote Computer and I.T. Help: firstname.lastname@example.org
Today’s meeting covered the following topics:
- Radio.Garden – Dial in a radio station from a Google Earth style, spinning globe. High quality and fast responding geolocated radio stations access the planet.
- The Amazon Music Unlimited Family Plan.
- Farmers Are Having to Hack Their Own Tractors Just to Make Repairs.
- What? The Texas storm is responsible for our power surge? Natural gas shortage triggers major power outage; nearly 5 million affected (Mexico Daily).
- Suits (USA Network) – is set at a fictional New York City law firm and follows talented college dropout Mike Ross (Patrick J. Adams), who starts working as a law associate for Harvey Specter (Gabriel Macht) despite never having attended law school. The show focuses on Harvey and Mike closing cases, while maintaining Mike’s secret. …from Wikipedia.
Rake (Australian – ABC1) – is an Australian television program, produced by Essential Media and Entertainment, that first aired on the Australian Broadcasting Corporation’s ABC1 in 2010. It stars Richard Roxburgh as rake Cleaver Greene, a brilliant but self-destructive Sydney barrister, defending a usually guilty client…from Wikipedia.
- Boardwalk Empire (HBO) – The series is set chiefly in Atlantic City, New Jersey, during the Prohibition era of the 1920s and stars Steve Buscemi as Nucky Thompson. Winter, a Primetime Emmy Award-winning screenwriter and producer, created the show, inspired by Nelson Johnson‘s 2002 non-fiction book Boardwalk Empire: The Birth, High Times, and Corruption of Atlantic City, about the historical criminal kingpin Enoch L. Johnson.…from Wikipedia.
- The Bridge on the River Kwai (Columbia Pictures) – is a 1957 epic war film directed by David Lean and based on the 1952 novel written by Pierre Boulle. The film uses the historical setting of the construction of the Burma Railway in 1942–1943. The cast includes Alec Guinness, William Holden, Jack Hawkins, and Sessue Hayakawa…from Wikipedia.
Space Balls (Brooksfilms MGM) – is a 1987 American science fiction comedy film co-written, produced and directed by Mel Brooks. Starring Brooks, Bill Pullman, John Candy and Rick Moranis, the film also features Daphne Zuniga, Dick Van Patten, George Wyner and the voice of Joan Rivers. In addition to Brooks in a supporting role, the film also features Brooks regulars Dom DeLuise and Rudy De Luca in cameo appearances…from Wikipedia.
Head full of Honey (Barefoot Films Warner Bros. Pictures) – A widowed grandfather who has Alzheimer’s disease is taken on a road trip to Venice by his granddaughter…from Wikipedia.
- Movie of the Day: https://www.movieoftheday.com.au
Episode Art Jigsaw Puzzle: https://www.jigsawplanet.com/?rc=play&pid=0237f8b1075d
Our YouTube Meeting: https://youtu.be/1IF-r-OlWtM
The Impromptu Intro: The Boomer intro provided by Viviana, and myself. Only available on the podcast.
~ listen if you dare ~
We have returned to Tuesday meetings at a new start time of 10:00am. We will continue our virtual format with online meetings in Google Meet for the foreseeable future.
The Google Meet is scheduled on Google Calendar. If you want to be on that calendar invitation, then provide me your Google account id. Also, provide me with your email address, or follow the appropriate accounts to see a reminder sent out by email, Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, and WordPress on the day of our meeting.
= Find Us On =
iTunes: The San Carlos Computer Club
This podcast is related to a blog post found at: https://www.sccclub.org/podcast/february-16-2021-21-grow-the-radio-garden-quarantine-50.