- Amazon gets FDA authorization for an at-home COVID-19 test kit.
- Apple to host developers event online again as COVID-19 cases surge.
- Chester’s “Transcatheter aortic valve replacement (TAVR)” procedure story.
- ExtraPC – We talked a little about ExtraPC (with is a USB stcik running a type of Linux operating system. I found Linus’ TechTips youtube testing and comments: https://youtu.be/S46Fby3qOGg.
- PSA: I am once again asking you to update your iPhone for security reasons.
- Force restart iPhone.
- What’s your “comfort movie”? https://www.reddit.com/r/AskReddit/comments/madhz7/whats_your_comfort_movie/.
- The Falcon and the Winter Soldier (Disney+/Marvel Studios) – Six months after being handed the mantle of Captain America at the end of Avengers: Endgame (2019), Sam Wilson teams up with Bucky Barnes in a worldwide adventure that tests their abilities and their patience…from Wikipedia.
- Ginny & Georgia (Netflix) – follows Ginny Miller, a “15-year-old who is more mature than her 30-year-old mother”, Georgia, in a New England town where Georgia decides to settle down with her daughter Ginny and son Austin to give them a better life than she had…from Wikipedia.
- Succession (Gary Sanchez Productions, Hyperobject Industries, Project Zeus) – The series centers on the Roy family, the dysfunctional owners of Waystar RoyCo, a global media and hospitality empire, who are fighting for control of the company amid uncertainty about the health of the family’s patriarch, Logan Roy (Brian Cox)…from Wikipedia.
- Under Capricorn (Transatlantic Pictures) – is a 1949 British historical thriller film directed by Alfred Hitchcock about a couple in Australia who started out as lady and stable boy in Ireland, and who are now bound together by a horrible secret…from Wikipedia.
- Searchers (C.V. Whitney Pictures) – In 1868, Ethan Edwards returns after an eight-year absence to the home of his brother Aaron in the wilderness of West Texas. Ethan fought in the Civil War on the side of the Confederacy, and in the three years since that war ended, he apparently fought in the Mexican revolutionary war, as well…from Wikipedia.
- Honest Thief (The Solution Entertainment Group, Zero Gravity Management, Samuel Marshall Films, Ingenious Media) – Sneaking around Boston for years, Tom Dolan has become a master thief, earning the nickname the “In-and-Out Bandit” for his slick ways when it comes to stealing large amounts of money…from Wikipedia.
- Darkman (Renaissance Pictures) – is a 1990 American superhero film directed and co-written by Sam Raimi. It is based on a short story Raimi wrote that paid homage to Universal‘s horror films of the 1930s. The film stars Liam Neeson as Peyton Westlake, a scientist who is brutally attacked, disfigured and left for dead by a ruthless mobster, Robert Durant (Larry Drake), after his girlfriend, an attorney (Frances McDormand), runs afoul of a corrupt developer (Colin Friels)…from Wikipedia.
- Guardians of the Galaxy (Marvel Studios) – In 1988, following his mother’s death, a young Peter Quill is abducted from Earth by a group of alien thieves and smugglers called the Ravagers led by Yondu Udonta. Twenty-six years later on the abandoned planet Morag, Quill steals a mysterious orb, but is attacked by forces, led by Korath, of the fanatical Kree renegade, Ronan the Accuser. Although Quill escapes with the orb, Yondu discovers his theft and issues a bounty for his capture, while Ronan sends the assassin Gamora after the orb…from Wikipedia.
Episode Art Jigsaw Puzzle: https://www.jigsawplanet.com/?rc=play&pid=2ce595a979dd
Our YouTube Meeting: https://youtu.be/CFSshghNkaU
The Impromptu “Blue Wall” intro by Viviana, myself, and our family. Only available on the podcast.
~ listen if you dare ~
We have returned to Tuesday meetings at a new start time of 10:00am. We will continue our virtual format with online meetings in Google Meet for the foreseeable future.
The Google Meet is scheduled on Google Calendar. If you want to be on that calendar invitation, then provide me your Google account id. Reminders are also sent out by email, Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, and WordPress, so follow and subscribe to the appropriate feeds.
= Find Us On =
iTunes: The San Carlos Computer Club
Remote Computer and I.T. Help: email@example.com
This podcast is related to a blog post found at: https://www.sccclub.org/podcast/march-30-2021-27-tavr-techies-quarantine-56