We Welcome All Tech Enthusiasts
This meeting is dedicated to our friend and member Robin Barbara Jansen. We are all saddened to hear of her passing. All of us enjoyed her company, her wit, her strength, and her smile. Robin was an active member of our group for many years in the before times (When we had in-person meetings at Tequila’s.) Over the last year we missed her at our virtual meeting. Occasionally, members and would share Robin “sightings” and Robin stories, and we reveled in the knowledge that, even though she wasn’t participating in our online meetings, that she was happy, doing her own things in “the wild.”
Remote Computer and I.T. Help: email@example.com
Today’s meeting covered the following topics:
- Our Impromptu Memorial For Robin.
- Maggie’s iOS Navigation from email -> browser and back problem.
- Bill’s Topic A: Deepfake tech used to bring dead relatives back to life.
- Called Deep Nostalgia, the technology comes from Israel-based company D-ID.
- Account Posts Uncanny Fake Tom Cruise Videos | Deepfakes Explained.
- Unforgotten (ITV) – The program follows two London detectives, DCI Cassie Stuart (Nicola Walker) and DI Sunny Khan (Sanjeev Bhaskar), as they solve cold cases of disappearance and murder…for Wikipedia.
- RadioLabs: The Ceremony – is an audio real-life drama about bitcoin, a new cryptocurrency, and the covert steps taken in it’s creation. https://www.wnycstudios.org/podcasts/radiolab/articles/ceremony
Recommendations, Facebook video:
Episode Art Jigsaw Puzzle: https://www.jigsawplanet.com/?rc=play&pid=247590cddb4d
Our YouTube Meeting: https://youtu.be/dzFCADp4HoE
The Impromptu Intro: The “Vivi One Minute Breakfast Recess” intro provided by Viviana, and myself right before Vivi’s Science begins. Apologies for the audio quality. I did the best I could. Only available on the podcast.
~ listen if you dare ~
We have returned to Tuesday meetings at a new start time of 10:00am. We will continue our virtual format with online meetings in Google Meet for the foreseeable future.
The Google Meet is scheduled on Google Calendar. If you want to be on that calendar invitation, then provide me your Google account id. Also, provide me with your email address, or follow the appropriate accounts to see a reminder sent out by email, Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, and WordPress on the day of our meeting.
= Find Us On =
iTunes: The San Carlos Computer Club
This podcast is related to a blog post found at: https://www.sccclub.org/podcast/march-02-2021-23-fake-tom-cruise-quarantine-52.