I hope you’re all having a good week. We had a great conversation in our last meeting. It’s always so special to have members bringing their own contributions to the discussion. Please, keep it up.
In consideration our topics without ‘article links’ I have put links to selections from the Youtube version of this meeting. Now you go directly to that part of the discussion in the video.
I hope you enjoy this installment of our club and remember that you are welcome to join us at the next meeting.
Take care and #techOn!
Your friendly neighborhood tech guy,
Scott Stimson, head-Nerd at International Computer Solutions (internationalcs.net)
Scott, for Remote Help : firstname.lastname@example.org
Today’s meeting covered the following topic:
- [00:28:26] Suzi’s Dance Routine.
- [00:57:00] Ting is expensive – follow up.
- [01:00:57] Cheryl Gives us a presentation of her blood sugar monitoring app and augmentation tech.
- Canadian Tire.
- Wyze announces $20 smartwatch with nine-day battery life.
- Warner Bros to Release All 2021 Movies in Theater, HBO Max Same Day.
- Wi-Fi Smart Plug with Energy Monitoring.
- Hillbilly Elegy (Netflix) – is a 2020 American drama film directed by Ron Howard, from a screenplay by Vanessa Taylor, based on the 2016 memoir of the same name by J. D. Vance. The film stars Glenn Close, Amy Adams, Gabriel Basso, Haley Bennett, Freida Pinto, Bo Hopkins, and Owen Asztalos, and follows a Yale law student who must return to his family in Ohio after a family emergency…from wikipedia.org.
- Milton’s Secret (Amazon Prime) – is a 2016 Canadian family-drama film directed by Barnet Bain, based on the novel of the same name by the author Eckhart Tolle, which was released in 2008. It stars Donald Sutherland, Michelle Rodriguez, Mia Kirshner, David Sutcliffe and William Ainscough as Milton…from Wikipedia.
- Movie to stay away from (according to Cheryl): Love, Weddings, and Other Disasters – is a 2020 romantic comedy film, directed by Dennis Dugan, from a screenplay by Dugan, Eileen Conn and Larry Miller. It stars Diane Keaton, Jeremy Irons, Maggie Grace, Diego Boneta and Andrew Bachelor…from wikipedia.org.
- Dash & Lily (Netflix) – is an American romantic comedy streaming television series created by Joe Tracz that is based on the young adult series Dash & Lily’s Book of Dares by David Levithan and Rachel Cohn. The 8-episode series premiered on Netflix on November 10, 2020.…from wikipedia.
- The Good Cop (Netflix) – is an American streaming television comedy-drama murder-mystery created by Andy Breckman. The ten episode series premiered on Netflix on September 21, 2018. On November 13, 2018, Netflix canceled the series after one season.…from Wikipedia.org.
- Better Than Us (Netflix) – is a Russian science fiction television series created by Andrey Junkovsky. It was produced by Yellow, Black and White in cooperation with Sputnik Vostok Production for the Russian state channel C1R. Netflix purchased it under the English title Better than Us, and it is the first Russian series presented as a Netflix Original. …from Wikipedia.org.
- Big Sky (Vudu) – is an American procedural drama television series created by David E. Kelley and based on the 2013 novel The Highway by C. J. Box. The series premiered on ABC as a fall entry in the 2020–21 television season on November 17, 2020. …from Wikipedia.org.
The Impromptu intro: The intro was personalized and beautified by Vivi and myself (whether she wanted to or not!) Check back weekly for a Vivi-intro. They are only available on the podcast.
Our meeting’s YouTube video is available at: https://youtu.be/yLd0iW-LXkU.
We have returned to Tuesday meetings at a new start time of 10:00am. We will continue our virtual format with online meetings in Google Meet for the foreseeable future.
The Google Meet is scheduled on Google Calendar. If you want to be on that calendar invitation, then provide me your Google account id. Also, provide me with your email address, or follow the appropriate accounts to see a reminder sent out by email, Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, and WordPress on the day of our meeting.
A CHALLENGE: Can you design a phrase or dialog to trigger and execute a smart speaker commands, while masquerading as conversation? #speakerhacker – Any command execution counts, for example: play a song, get the weather, turn on/off a light. The goal is to covertly execute the command with conversation. We’ll play with our speakers and check back in next week. (see article: Uncovered: 1,000 phrases that incorrectly trigger Alexa, Siri, and Google Assistant.)
Special thanks to all of you that have been helping in my endeavors. The things I am doing would not be possible without your support.
Remember, you can always show your support by taking a moment to go on YouTube and iTunes to review, like, and subscribe. When you give our efforts greater exposure it is appreciated as a contribution. Thank you for all your support.
I am always looking forward to our next meeting. Feel free to ‘prep me’ ahead of time with any topics you would enjoy discussing.
Please leave a comment.
= Communicate with Us =
iTunes: The San Carlos Computer Club
this podcast is related to a blog post found at: https://www.sccclub.org/podcast/december-8-2020-11-suzi-the-dancing-robot-quarantine-meeting-40.