Merry Christmas / Happy Holidays
Thank You for joining us for
our Christmas Club Meeting!
This has been a tough year; People unable to join us San Carlos; Our Local economies hard hit by the changes and restrictions brought on by the COVID19 crisis; Finding out that one of our own was taken early then expected (diagnosed with COVID.) Through all of this, these meetings have been a stable point in my world. It fills me with joy each time we meet. I am happy to be part of the community we’ve created, and I considered you all good friends. I am looking forward to us continuing into the future; starting with next week’s meeting on December 29 at 10am!
Have a joyful holiday and #techOn!
From your friendly neighborhood tech guy,
Scott Stimson, head-Nerd at International Computer Solutions (internationalcs.net)
Contact Scott for Remote Help : email@example.com
Today’s meeting covered the following topic:
- Law banning “rental” fees for customer-owned routers takes effect Sunday | Ars Technica.
- VIDEO Teracube 2e Review: Can This $139 Smartphone Challenge Google And Samsung? | Forbes.
- Sherwood Park is a large hamlet in Alberta, Canada.
- Bill looks at the tech to check-out an audio book from the library. The PlayAway.
- Kominsky Method (Netflix) – is an American comedy-drama streaming television series, created by Chuck Lorre, that premiered on November 16, 2018, on Netflix. The series stars Michael Douglas, Alan Arkin, Sarah Baker, Nancy Travis, and Kathleen Turner and follows an aging acting coach who, years earlier, had a brief moment of success as an actor…from Wikipedia.
- Manhunt: Unabomber (Netflix)– is an American drama anthology television series created by Andrew Sodroski, Jim Clemente, and Tony Gittelson, initially commissioned as a television miniseries starring Sam Worthington and Paul Bettany. It depicted a fictionalized account of the FBI’s hunt for the Unabomber. (note: season two is “Deadly Games” a drama based on Richard Jewel, Cannot find on streaming in Mexico.) …from Wikipedia.
- The judge – directTV
- Selena: The Series (Netflix) – is an American biographical drama streaming television created by Moisés Zamora. It tells the story of Tejano singer Selena‘s rise to fame and the sacrifices she and her family must make along the way.…from Wikipedia.
- Northern Rescue (Netflix) – is a Canadian drama television series produced by Don Carmody Television (DCTV), distributed by CBC Television in Canada and internationally on Netflix…from Wikipedia.
- Mandalorian (Disney+) – is the first live-action series in the Star Wars franchise, beginning five years after the events of Return of the Jedi (1983)…from Wikipedia.
- Queens Gambit (Netflix) – Beginning in the mid-1950s and proceeding into the 1960s, the story follows the life of an orphaned chess prodigy on her rise to the top of the chess world while struggling with emotional problems, drug problems, and alcohol dependency…fromWikipedia.
- Pillar to the Sky, William R. Forstchen – Pandemic drought, skyrocketing oil prices, dwindling energy supplies and wars of water scarcity threaten the planet. Only four people can prevent global chaos. Gary Morgan—a brilliant, renegade scientist is pilloried by the scientific community for his belief in a space elevator: a pillar to the sky, which he believes will make space flight fast, simple and affordable…from GoodReads.
Episode Art Jigsaw Puzzle:
Our YouTube Meeting: https://youtu.be/yDqT9hUTOPI.
The Impromptu intro: A Christmas Greeting from the whole Stimson Marquez family. Only available on the podcast.
We have returned to Tuesday meetings at a new start time of 10:00am. We will continue our virtual format with online meetings in Google Meet for the foreseeable future.
The Google Meet is scheduled on Google Calendar. If you want to be on that calendar invitation, then provide me your Google account id. Also, provide me with your email address, or follow the appropriate accounts to see a reminder sent out by email, Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, and WordPress on the day of our meeting.
A CHALLENGE: Can you design a phrase or dialog to trigger and execute a smart speaker commands, while masquerading as conversation? #speakerhacker – Any command execution counts, for example: play a song, get the weather, turn on/off a light. The goal is to covertly execute the command with conversation. We’ll play with our speakers and check back in next week. (see article: Uncovered: 1,000 phrases that incorrectly trigger Alexa, Siri, and Google Assistant.)
Special thanks to all of you that have been helping in my endeavors. The things I am doing would not be possible without your support.
Remember, you can always show your support by taking a moment to go on YouTube and iTunes to review, like, and subscribe. When you give our efforts greater exposure it is appreciated as a contribution. Thank you for all your support.
I am always looking forward to our next meeting. Feel free to ‘prep me’ ahead of time with any topics you would enjoy discussing.
= Find Us On =
iTunes: The San Carlos Computer Club
this podcast is related to a blog post found at: https://www.sccclub.org/podcast/december-22-2020-13-our-christmas-club-meeting-quarantine-42.