We Welcome All Tech Enthusiasts
Thank you Bill & Cheryl. You did an excellent job as interim hosts filling in while I was indisposed. The story of my absences is an ugly one of food poisonings, that brought three of us down, for up to 48 hours. I wont get into the ugly details, but needless to say, I was in no condition to move from the bathroom, let lone host a virtual meeting. There were a couple technical issues with the YouTube video (i.e., some members were trapped off-screen) for which Bill & Cheryl had no control. The fault is my own. My apologies for not being available, but that’s the way it goes.
Some of the Topics from today:
- Easy Virtual Choir.com – Jam and sing synchronized with your friends for free.
- Cure for diabetes? University of Alberta researchers believe they’ve found one
- About MyAlberta Digital ID
- All-new Echo Show 10 (3rd Gen) | HD smart display with motion and Alexa could be used for ‘check-in’ to view what’s happening in your home using the Alexa app.
- Marijuana Talk
- Shtisel (Yes) – The series follows the lives of Shulem Shtisel (Dov Glickman), the Shtisel patriarch and a rabbi at the local cheder, as well as those of the other members of his family. Shtisel is set in a Haredi, Internet-free neighborhood. The community follows strict haredi customs and violating the norms often causes chaos within the family…from Wikipedia.
- Pennyworth (Primrose Hill Productions, DC Entertainment, Warner Horizon Television) – explores the early life of the titular Wayne family butler, Alfred Pennyworth, a former British SAS soldier who is forming his own security company in an alternate London which combines aspects of the 1950s and 1960s with invented events and practices such as televised public executions…from Wikipedia.
- Hunters (Monkeypaw Productions, Sonar Entertainment, Big Indie, Black Mass Productions, Governor’s Court, Amazon Studios) – The series is inspired by a number of real Nazi hunters through the decades, but it is not meant to be a specific representation of any of them. It follows a diverse band of Nazi hunters living in 1977 New York City who discover that Nazi war criminals are conspiring to create a Fourth Reich in the U.S. …from Wikipedia.
Episode Art Jigsaw Puzzle: https://www.jigsawplanet.com/?rc=play&pid=272a0f4d4a69
Our YouTube Meeting: https://youtu.be/9K4G0h5LXNc
The Impromptu survivors’ intro was provided by Viviana, Emily and myself – the food poison victims. Only available on the podcast.
~ listen if you dare ~
We have virtual meetings on Tuesday at 10:00am in Google Meet using the code: [rgb-rrgc-gqp]. This code will probably be the same for the next meeting. Check our blog (at sccClub.org) for any changes.
Our Meet is scheduled on Google Calendar. If you want an invitation, then provide me your Google account id. Reminders are also sent out by email, Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, and WordPress, so follow and subscribe to the appropriate feeds.
= Find Us On =
iTunes: The San Carlos Computer Club
Remote Computer and I.T. Help: email@example.com
This podcast is related to a blog post found at: https://www.sccclub.org/podcast/april-13-2021-29-bill-cheryl-take-over-quarantine-58