This blog post is a podcast found at: https://www.sccclub.org/2022/08/30/meeting-48-august-30-2022-beginning-at-10am-utc-0700-virtual-meeting-129/
The 48th meeting of the 2021-2022 Club season schedule.
Questions and Topics:
- Google LENS report from Linda and Paul.
- Scott’s new Mac mini M1.
- Flooding in San Carlos.
- Electric cars.
- D-cell battery replaced with sugar.
- Turo: https://turo.com/
- Quantumscape: https://www.quantumscape.com/
- I am in Alaska for B&B this summer, however, I will continue holding virtual meetings throughout the summer until I return. Our plans for future in-person meetings are postponed until the first Tuesday of October. We will continue to shape our protocols for that future meeting with the list found at the bottom of this document.
- Podcast production has ceased for the summer. It wasn’t intentional, but there have not been enough hours in the day, and something had to give. I hope to startup again by the time we return to Mexico (even if it may be sporadic.) Let me know if there is any big demand and I’ll make it a higher priority.
- Battery made of aluminum, sulfur and salt proves fast, safe and low-cost
- Scanning students’ homes during remote testing is unconstitutional, judge says
- Climate change /Fossil Fuel problems solved
Remote Computer and I.T. Help: email@example.com
Today’s YouTube Meeting: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wy3xk96nvwc
- How to Change Your Mind
- History 101
- Super Pumped
- She Hulk
Protocols for In-person Meetings (Coming in October):
Given the current COVID situation we have postponed in-person meetings until after I return from Alaska (October.) Please list any protocols you feel we should be following.
- We will follow Mexican Federal guidelines given the local COVID situation.
- 9:15 am on Tuesdays
- Open windows and ceiling fans.
- Allow for remote members to participate live, at least by audio.
- We will meet together, assuming that you are vaccinated. We will NOT police vax records, we will be on the honor system. Please, attend the virtual meeting if you are not vaccinated.
- If our table layout has us facing each other then masks will be required.
We Welcome all Technology Enthusiasts.
Our Meet is scheduled on Google Calendar. To get an invitation you must provide me your Google account id. We also, send reminders by email, Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, and WordPress, so follow and subscribe to the appropriate feeds.
= Find Us On =
iTunes: The San Carlos Computer Club
Looking for something to watch? Check out our recommended movies and shows list hosted on Trakt.tv at: https://trakt.tv/users/sccclub-org/lists/recommended-movies-and-shows
All this, from your club and Scott Stimson, our friendly neighborhood tech guy, and head-nerd at International Computer Solutions.