This blog post is a podcast found at: https://www.sccclub.org/2022/09/06/meeting-49-september-06-2022-beginning-at-10am-utc-0700-virtual-meeting-130/
The 49th meeting of the 2021-2022 Club season schedule.
Questions and Topics:
- Judy’s Eero experience with mesh.
- What is Wifi 6?
- I am in Alaska for B&B this summer, however, I will continue holding virtual meetings throughout the summer until I return. Our plans for future in-person meetings are postponed until the first Tuesday of October. We will continue to shape our protocols for that future meeting with the list found at the bottom of this document.
- Podcast production has ceased for the summer. It wasn’t intentional, but there have not been enough hours in the day, and something had to give. I hope to startup again by the time we return to Mexico (even if it may be sporadic.) Let me know if there is any big demand and I’ll make it a higher priority.
- Precise Location Is Giving Your Coordinates Away to Apps
- You’re being tracked through your email. Here’s how to stop it. – Anyone using “Apple’s “Hide My Email” feature”? DuckDuckGo’s Email Protection? Firefox Relay?
- ‘Historic’ Box on Mars Making Oxygen at the Rate of One Tree
- Surrey Police accused of lying and ‘creating phantom units’ on sat nav app Waze | ITV News London
- USB 4 Version 2.0 Announced With 80 Gbps of Bandwidth
- White House Bans Paywalls on Taxpayer-Funded Research
Remote Computer and I.T. Help: firstname.lastname@example.org
Today’s YouTube Meeting: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6fEXvDeFV2g
Recommended Movies & Shows List
- My Cousin Vinny
- DC League of Super-Pets
- Worth – story of Ken Finderburg – Micheal Keaton, Stanley T.
- Into the Night
- My Radar
- Darksky – pay for app only on Apple
See all Episode Artwork Jigsaw Puzzles
Protocols for In-person Meetings (Coming in October):
Given the current COVID situation we have postponed in-person meetings until after I return from Alaska (October.) Please list any protocols you feel we should be following.
- We will follow Mexican Federal guidelines given the local COVID situation.
- 9:15 am on Tuesdays
- Open windows and ceiling fans.
- Allow for remote members to participate live, at least by audio.
- We will meet together, assuming that you are vaccinated. We will NOT police vax records, we will be on the honor system. Please, attend the virtual meeting if you are not vaccinated.
- If our table layout has us facing each other then masks will be required.
We Welcome all Technology Enthusiasts.
We hold virtual meetings every Tuesday at 10am. We use Google Meet with code: [rgb-rrgc-gqp]. This code will probably be the same for the next meeting. Check our blog at sccClub.org for any changes.
Our Meet is scheduled on Google Calendar. To get an invitation you must provide me your Google account id. We also, send reminders by email, Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, and WordPress, so follow and subscribe to the appropriate feeds.
= Find Us On =
twitter: https://twitter.com/sccClub (@sccClub)
iTunes: The San Carlos Computer Club
Looking for something to watch? Check out our recommended movies and shows list hosted on Trakt.tv at: https://trakt.tv/users/sccclub-org/lists/recommended-movies-and-shows
All this, from your club and Scott Stimson, our friendly neighborhood tech guy, and head-nerd at International Computer Solutions.