This blog post is a podcast found at:
Questions and Topics:
- Protocols for future in-person meetings (add your suggestions to the list at the bottom of this document. Plans have changed. Now waiting till February!)
- Hooking a smart TV to the internet? Rental has rabbit ears on tv right beside the Telmex Infinitum router! ???
- Google Earth has street view in San Carlos- well sort of! Good luck finding Scott’s house!
- Oculus experience.
- Use This Hidden Keyboard Combo to Fix Your Frozen Computer: https://www.makeuseof.com/tag/hidden-key-combo-frozen-computer/
- Startup looks to reinvent freight by rail with autonomous electric haulers
- First Wi-Fi 7 tech demo shows off next-gen speeds – at least 30 Gbps, which is a major step up from Wi-Fi 6’s maximum of 9.6 Gbps. “Wi-Fi 7 handle the intense data transmission that consumers will increasingly throw at it, like gaming, 4K and eventually 8K video streaming, AR and VR applications and maybe even this metaverse thing that companies are trying to convince us to want.”
- How-To Geek: Stop Shutting Down Your Windows PC: https://www.howtogeek.com/776152/stop-shutting-down-your-windows-pc/
- UK donates 225 million stolen passwords to hack-checking site: https://www.bbc.com/news/technology-59730010
- Microsoft Edge is bringing back a classic feature – and you should absolutely use it: https://www.techradar.com/news/microsoft-edge-wants-to-help-you-keep-up-with-your-favorite-websites
Remote Computer and I.T. Help: email@example.com
Today’s YouTube Meeting: https://youtu.be/Bp52TEWjq2A
Peacemaker – The continuing story of Peacemaker – a compellingly vainglorious man who believes in peace at any cost, no matter how many people he has to kill to get it – in the aftermath of the events of “The Suicide Squad.” (wikipedia)
Episode Art Jigsaw Puzzle: https://www.jigsawplanet.com/?rc=play&pid=1335d411fd71
The Impromptu “Muffin Walk” intro was recorded by Emily and myself on a dark walk through the Ranchitos to the local tienda for muffin supplies. Only available on the podcast.
~ listen if you dare ~
Protocols for In-person Meetings:
Given the current COVID situation we have postponed in-person meetings for possibly beginning in February. Please list any protocols you feel we should be following.
- We will follow Mexican Federal guidelines given the local COVID situation.
- 9:15 am on Tuesdays
- Open windows and ceiling fans.
- Allow for remote members to participate live, at least by audio.
- We will meet together, assuming that you are vaccinated. We will NOT police vax records, we will be on the honor system. Please, attend the virtual meeting if you are not vaccinated.
- If our table layout has us facing each other then masks will be required.
We Welcome all Technology Enthusiasts.
Our Meet is scheduled on Google Calendar. To get an invitation you must provide me your Google account id. We also, send reminders by email, Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, and WordPress, so follow and subscribe to the appropriate feeds.
= Find Us On =
iTunes: The San Carlos Computer Club
Looking for something to watch? Check out our recommended movies and shows list hosted on Trakt.tv at: https://trakt.tv/users/sccclub-org/lists/recommended-movies-and-shows
All this, from your club and Scott Stimson, our friendly neighborhood tech guy, and head-nerd at International Computer Solutions.