This is late again. I’m sorry for that. This time of year, there are a lot going on in our world. From birthday to Thanksgiving to birthday to Christmas it feels like we’ve got something going on each week. So once again, I’ve gotten distracted with our holidays, and the podcast has reached a week late. It’s also under-produced, again, similar to last week’s episode. However, this week, I do have a Viviana intro! YAY!
I really do hope you enjoy this recording of the San Carlos Computer Club. We spent time working on Google Photos and Google Drive. I think it was a pretty good demonstration, and worth checking out the YouTube video. Other than that, the recording covers the following topics.
Today’s meeting covered the following topic:
- Google Photos will end its free unlimited storage on June 1st, 2021.
- Google Drive demo and explanation.
- Whole Home Electric Monitoring provided to Paul for Free from State Farm insurance. Using a device called Ting from Whisker Labs.
- Using Google Meet: The experiences in low bandwidth. Controlling the number of guests on your screen.
- Troubleshooting Bill’s main computer network connection.
- The Trump Show (BBC2) – so far I’ve found the first episode using Kodi, but I cannot find the two other episodes anywhere other than at the BBC for people residing in the UK.
- My Octopus Teacher (Netflix) – is a 2020 Netflix Original film directed by Pippa Ehrlich and James Reed which documents a year filmmaker Craig Foster spent forging a relationship with a wild common octopus in a South African kelp forest…from Wikipedia.
- The Walking Dead: World Beyond (AMC) – is an American post-apocalyptic horror drama limited series created by Scott M. Gimple and Matthew Negrete that premiered on AMC on October 4, 2020. It is a spin-off series to The Walking Dead, which is based on the comic book series of the same name by Robert Kirkman, Tony Moore, and Charlie Adlard, and is the third television series within The Walking Dead franchise. The series will consist of two 10-episode seasons before concluding…from Wikipedia.
- Disney Gallery / Star Wars: The Mandalorian (Disney+) – is a Star Wars documentary series streaming on Disney+ centered on the making of the live-action television series The Mandalorian. It premiered on May 4, 2020…from Wookieepedia.
- Terminator: Dark Fate (Prime US) – is a 2019 American science fiction action film directed by Tim Miller and written by David Goyer, Justin Rhodes, and Billy Ray from a story by James Cameron, Charles Eglee, Josh Friedman, Goyer, and Rhodes. Cameron also produced the film with David Ellison. It is the sixth installment in the Terminator film franchise…from Wikipedia.
- The Lord of the Ring Trilogy (Netflix) – is a film series of three epic fantasy adventure films directed by Peter Jackson, based on the novel written by J. R. R. Tolkien…from Wikipedia.
Our meeting’s YouTube video is available at: https://youtu.be/uT1dPGDKfSw
We have returned to Tuesday meetings at a new start time of 10:00am. We will continue our virtual format with online meetings in Google Meet for the foreseeable future.
The Google Meet is scheduled on Google Calendar. If you want to be on that calendar invitation, then provide me your Google account id. Also, provide me with your email address, or follow the appropriate accounts to see a reminder sent out by email, Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, and WordPress on the day of our meeting.
A CHALLENGE: Can you design a phrase or dialog to trigger and execute a smart speaker commands, while masquerading as conversation? #speakerhacker – Any command execution counts, for example: play a song, get the weather, turn on/off a light. The goal is to covertly execute the command with conversation. We’ll play with our speakers and check back in next week. (see article: Uncovered: 1,000 phrases that incorrectly trigger Alexa, Siri, and Google Assistant.)
Special thanks to all of you that have been helping in my endeavors. The things I am doing would not be possible without your support.
Remember, you can always show your support by taking a moment to go on YouTube and iTunes to review, like, and subscribe. When you give our efforts greater exposure it is appreciated as a contribution. Thank you for all your support.
I am always looking forward to our next meeting. Feel free to ‘prep me’ ahead of time with any topics you would enjoy discussing.
Everyone take care and #techOn!
Your friendly neighborhood tech guy,
Scott Stimson, head-Nerd at International Computer Solutions (internationalcs.net)
Remote Help with Your Computers at: email@example.com
Please leave a comment.
= Communicate with Us =
iTunes: The San Carlos Computer Club
this podcast is related to a blog post found at: https://www.sccclub.org/podcast/november-24-2020-09-octopus-teaching-beyond-worlds-quarantine-meeting-38.