Hello all you tech-heads out there.
This is our latest meeting.
The one where Bill’s Echo plays Star Wars music at club time.
From your friendly neighborhood tech guy,
Scott Stimson, head-Nerd at International Computer Solutions (internationalcs.net)
Contact Scott for Remote Help : firstname.lastname@example.org
Today’s meeting covered the following topics (basically it turned into a list of Christmas Tech🙂
- 10 WAYS TO REUSE AN OLD IPAD.
- 6 new uses for your old iPad.
- Disney unveils Star, its Hulu replacement for international Disney Plus subscribers.
- Alex, Review Voice History – View and listen to your smart speaker dialogs with your device at this webpage:
- We’ve been talking about a reasonably priced, home mesh network system, from TP-Link, called the:
- Paul’s Burrito Hack.
- Microsoft says SolarWinds hackers were able to view its source code but didn’t have the ability to modify it.
- NeXt (Fox) – The series centers on the efforts of a homeland cybersecurity team to counter “a rogue AI with the ability to constantly improve itself”.…from Wikipedia.
- The Pacific (HBO) – The series is a companion piece to the 2001 miniseries Band of Brothers and focuses on the United States Marine Corps‘s actions in the Pacific Theater of Operations within the wider Pacific War. Whereas Band of Brothers followed the men of Easy Company of the 506th Parachute Infantry Regiment through the European Theater, The Pacific centers on the experiences of three Marines (Robert Leckie, Eugene Sledge, and John Basilone) who were in different regiments (1st, 5th, and 7th, respectively) of the 1st Marine Division…from Wikipedia.
- Bridgerton (Netflix) – The drama centers on the Bridgerton family: Violet, Dowager Lady Bridgerton; her four sons, Anthony, Benedict, Colin and Gregory and her four daughters, Daphne, Eloise, Francesca and Hyacinth. Also featured are the Featheringtons: Portia, Lady Featherington; her husband the Baron; and their three daughters, Philipa, Prudence and Penelope…from Wikipedia.
- Designated Survivor (Netflix) – On the night of the State of the Union, an explosion destroys the Capitol Building, killing the President and everyone in the line of succession except for Secretary of Housing and Urban Development Thomas Kirkman, who had been named the designated survivor…from Wikipedia.
- Taco Chronicles (Netflix) – is an American documentary web television series focusing on tacos, Mexico’s favorite street food. There is a lot of history and culture behind each variety of tacos, and the series tries to be both educational and stylish about the different kinds and where they come from, through interviews with food writers, experts, and owners of the stands seen on the streets, who describe them and the ingredients in depth.…from Wikipedia.
- Paul – is a 2011 science fiction comedy film directed by Greg Mottola from a screenplay by Simon Pegg and Nick Frost. Starring Pegg, Frost and the voice and motion capture of Seth Rogen, the film plot focuses on two science fiction geeks who meet an alien with a sarcastic manner and an appetite for alcohol and cigarettes…from Wikipedia.
- Shadow in the Cloud – is a 2020 American-New Zealand fantasy adventure action film directed by Roseanne Liang, from a screenplay by Liang and Max Landis. It stars Chloë Grace Moretz, Taylor John Smith, Nick Robinson, Beulah Koale and Callan Mulvey. Its plot deals with a World War II air force service woman who is on a mysterious mission, only to have a gremlin attack the bomber she is riding on…from Wikipedia.
Our YouTube Meeting: https://youtu.be/RKE5Wg2you8
The Impromptu Intro: The Bird and the Bees Intro by Viviana and myself. Only available on the podcast.
We have returned to Tuesday meetings at a new start time of 10:00am. We will continue our virtual format with online meetings in Google Meet for the foreseeable future.
The Google Meet is scheduled on Google Calendar. If you want to be on that calendar invitation, then provide me your Google account id. Also, provide me with your email address, or follow the appropriate accounts to see a reminder sent out by email, Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, and WordPress on the day of our meeting.
A CHALLENGE: Can you design a phrase or dialog to trigger and execute a smart speaker commands, while masquerading as conversation? #speakerhacker – Any command execution counts, for example: play a song, get the weather, turn on/off a light. The goal is to covertly execute the command with conversation. We’ll play with our speakers and check back in next week. (see article: Uncovered: 1,000 phrases that incorrectly trigger Alexa, Siri, and Google Assistant.)
Special thanks to all of you that have been helping in my endeavors. The things I am doing would not be possible without your support.
Remember, you can always show your support by taking a moment to go on YouTube and iTunes to review, like, and subscribe. When you give our efforts greater exposure it is appreciated as a contribution. Thank you for all your support.
I am always looking forward to our next meeting. Feel free to ‘prep me’ ahead of time with any topics you would enjoy discussing.
= Find Us On =
iTunes: The San Carlos Computer Club
This podcast is related to a blog post found at: https://www.sccclub.org/podcast/january-5-2021-15-an-imperial-echo-quarantine-44.