This podcast is related to a blog post found at:
We Welcome All Tech Enthusiasts
Some of the Topics from today:
- Follow up: Apple A12 Bionic vs. Apple A14 Bionic.
- Follow up: Nooks on iPad : Can Nook Books Be Imported Into iBooks?, How to Read Nook Books on iPad.
- Samsung’s New Upcycling Program Allows You To Turn an Old Galaxy Phone Into a New IoT Device.
- New Amazon Distribution To Open In Hermosillo.
- Alaska Earthquake during our meeting: M 4.8 – 2 km SSW of Point MacKenzie, Alaska.
- Apple Event 2021 highlights: New iPad Pro, Apple TV, iMac launched.
- “Smart” lure is made to track which fishing tactics work best.
- The intensive care unit syndrome: causes, treatment, and prevention.
- TECKIN Smart Plug Mini Outlet Compatible with Amazon Alexa and Google Assistant, WiFi Enabled.
- Cuby – Mexican built smart remote control for your A/C. On Amazon.
Remote Computer and I.T. Help: email@example.com
Wanted (Matchbox Pictures, R&R Productions) – Two women, Lola and Chelsea, are waiting at a suburban bus stop before midnight. A car crashes in front of them, and two masked men arrive and shoot the driver dead. Lola struggles with the masked attacker and the gun goes off, killing him. The other man is unmasked and he takes them both hostage…from Wikipedia.
- The Handmaid’s Tale (Daniel Wilson Productions, Inc., The Littlefield Company, White Oak Pictures, MGM Television) – In a world where fertility rates have collapsed as a result of sexually transmitted diseases and environmental pollution, the totalitarian, theonomic government of Gilead establishes rule in the former United States in the aftermath of a civil war. Society is organized by power-hungry leaders along with a new, militarized, hierarchical regime of fanaticism and newly created social classes, in which women are brutally subjugated. By law, women in Gilead are forced to work in very limited roles, including some as natal slaves, and they are not allowed to own property, handle money, or read…from Wikipedia.
- Mcleod’s Daughters (Millennium Television, Nine Films and Television, Southern Star) – The series was conceived by Graeme-Evans in the early 1990s; she had the idea of creating a television series set in rural Australia with women in the leading roles…from Wikipedia.
- Resident Alien (Jocko Productions, Universal Content Productions, Dark Horse Entertainment, Amblin Television) – After crash-landing on Earth, an alien sent to wipe out humanity kills and takes on the identity of a vacationing pathology physician. He is asked to do an autopsy on the town’s doctor, who died of unknown circumstances. He wrestles with the moral dilemma of his secret mission, while also dealing with a 9-year-old boy who can see him as an alien…from Wikipedia.
- Shtisel (Yes) – The series follows the lives of Shulem Shtisel (Dov Glickman), the Shtisel patriarch and a rabbi at the local cheder, as well as those of the other members of his family. Shtisel is set in a Haredi, Internet-free neighborhood. The community follows strict Haredi customs and violating the norms often causes chaos within the family…from Wikipedia.
- Nomadland (Highwayman Films, Hear/Say Productions, Cor Cordium Productions) – In 2011, Fern loses her job after the US Gypsum plant in Empire, Nevada, shuts down; she worked there for years along with her husband, who has recently died. Fern decides to sell most of her belongings and purchases a van to live in and travel the country searching for work. She takes a seasonal job at an Amazon fulfillment center through the winter…from Wikipedia.
- Sound of Metal (Caviar, Ward Four, Flat 7 Productions)– Ruben is a drummer and one half of the metal duo Blackgammon, along with the singer and his girlfriend, Lou. They live in an RV while driving across the United States to perform gigs. When Ruben begins to lose his hearing, he goes to a pharmacy seeking a diagnosis. The pharmacist refers him to a doctor, who performs a hearing test and finds that Ruben can only make out 20–30 percent of words he hears and his hearing will deteriorate rapidly; moreover, although cochlear implants may benefit him, their high cost is not covered by insurance…from Wikipedia.
- The Father – Anne (Colman) visits her father Anthony (Hopkins) in his flat after he becomes belligerent with his recent caretaker. He has dementia and constantly forgets important life events and where things are around his flat, including his watch, despite the fact that he places it in the same place every day. He tells Anne he thought his recent caretaker stole his watch and that he will never move out of his flat…from Wikipedia.
- The Last Town on Earth by Thomas Mullen – Set against the backdrop of one of the most virulent epidemics that America ever experienced-the 1918 flu epidemic-Thomas Mullen’s powerful, sweeping first novel is a tale of morality in a time of upheaval…from Goodreads.
Episode Art Jigsaw Puzzle: https://www.jigsawplanet.com/?rc=play&pid=2f8d04370328
Our YouTube Meeting: https://youtu.be/0-Qqe0LapfU
The Impromptu “favorite color” intro was provided mostly by Viviana and her friend Avery, as well as, myself.
Only available on the podcast.
~ listen if you dare ~
We hold virtual meetings every Tuesday morning at 10. We use Google Meet with code: [rgb-rrgc-gqp]. This code will probably be the same for next meeting. Check our blog (at sccClub.org) for any changes.
Our Meet is scheduled on Google Calendar. To get an invitation provide to me your Google account id. We also, send reminders by email, Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, and WordPress, so follow and subscribe to the appropriate feeds.
= Find Us On =
iTunes: The San Carlos Computer Club