This blog post is a podcast found at: https://www.sccclub.org/podcast/
The 35th meeting of the 2021-2022 Club season schedule.
Questions and Topics:
- I am in Alaska for B&B this summer, however, I will continue holding virtual meetings throughout the summer until I return. Our plans for future in-person meetings are postponed until the first Tuesday of October. We will continue to shape our protocols for that future meeting with the list found at the bottom of this document.
- Screenshots in Android and Windows.
- Quick access buttons and notifications in Windows.
- ExitReviews – learn where products fail and how to fix them. Reflect on how products performed over its duration of service.
- Decentralized identity: is privacy worth the risk? – “The decentralized identity (or self-sovereign identity) allows you to manage all your identities yourself. You receive credentials from issuers, such as the government or university, and store them on your digital wallet. You verify your identity through a blockchain-based ledger, which does not store user data when you need to. In this case, your information is controlled only by you and doesn’t end up in countless databases ready for companies and malicious hackers to exploit.”
- “Tough to forge” digital driver’s license is… easy to forge
- Amazon is ending Cloud Cam service and offering owners a free Blink Mini
Recommendations: Top Gun, The Lincoln Lawyer, Stranger Things, Queen of South, Perfect Pairings, Everything, Everywhere all at Once, Senior Year, The Atom Project,
Remote Computer and I.T. Help: email@example.com
Today’s YouTube Meeting: https://youtu.be/7wYeW6eg-bs
Episode Art Jigsaw Puzzle:
The Impromptu intro was recorded by … Only available on the podcast.
~ listen if you dare ~
Protocols for In-person Meetings (Coming in October):
Given the current COVID situation we have postponed in-person meetings until after I return from Alaska (October.) Please list any protocols you feel we should be following.
- We will follow Mexican Federal guidelines given the local COVID situation.
- 9:15 am on Tuesdays
- Open windows and ceiling fans.
- Allow for remote members to participate live, at least by audio.
- We will meet together, assuming that you are vaccinated. We will NOT police vax records, we will be on the honor system. Please, attend the virtual meeting if you are not vaccinated.
- If our table layout has us facing each other then masks will be required.
We Welcome all Technology Enthusiasts.
Our Meet is scheduled on Google Calendar. To get an invitation you must provide me your Google account id. We also, send reminders by email, Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, and WordPress, so follow and subscribe to the appropriate feeds.
= Find Us On =
iTunes: The San Carlos Computer Club
Looking for something to watch? Check out our recommended movies and shows list hosted on Trakt.tv at: https://trakt.tv/users/sccclub-org/lists/recommended-movies-and-shows
All this, from your club and Scott Stimson, our friendly neighborhood tech guy, and head-nerd at International Computer Solutions.