Merry Christmas Clubbers! ..and a Happy New Year!
That was a much bigger meeting then I anticipated. We covered all kinds of stuff. Here are some of the topics we discussed:
- Windows 10 Upgrade preparations: 1. System Image backup, 2. data and program backup, 3. scanning your disk for errors and viruses, and 4. successfully install all critical Windows updates before installing the Windows 10 Upgrade.
- Using Geo-location circumvention Technologies: unblockUS, Unotelly, SmartDNS. Refferences from the viviasancarlos discussion are: https://smartdns.com/blog/487/5-best-smart-dns-netflix-usa/, and https://support.unlocator.com/customer/portal/articles/1512946-how-to-set-up-amazon-fire-tv,
- MagicJack for windows 10. Apps for smart phones and tablets. Account settings, etc. Go to the website: my.magicjack.com and use the forgotten password function if you don’t know your password.
- Security and entertainment: A good article that covers 5 Methods to Bypass Internet Censorship – http://xrayvpns.com/bypass-internet-censorship/ – how to avoid web censorship, or How to watch NetFlix and Amazon Streaming will Living in Mexico. Core Methods are: •DNS Server, •VPNs, •Tor, •Proxies, and •SSH Tunnels.
- Newly Approved Error Code Designation (Error 451): You Are Being Censored -I found this at cNet: Error 451: The new code for a censored website. Some other error codes you may know are: 404 – file not found, 408 – timeout, 403 – Forbidden – you don’t have permission
- I hope everyone has a great holiday, and I’ll be looking forward to January 5 for our next meeting. Which will also be the first meeting of 2016. I’ll have stories of Christmas tech presents and Disneyland adventures. I hope you’ll bring some of the same.
Thank you for choosing to spend some of your holiday week with me.
Please leave a comment if you find any of this info useful.
Scott, headNerd at International Computer Solutions (internationalcs.net)