Thank You Clubbers! Thank You for talking me down from the frustration I was feeling over the whole Network Solutions issue.
To reiterate my story through time:
1. I purchased three years of unix hosting server at $143.00 dlls US from Network Solutions that will expire on February 5, 2015. (I am assuming this was a discounted rate.)
2. On December 7th (Sunday) I was sent an invoice for an auto-payment of my credit card for three more years of service for $411.00 dlls US (I assume their standard rate.) This invoice is almost two months early.
3. On Monday I attempt to contact Network solutions incurring two disconnects and a total of +40mins waiting on hold listening to bad music.
4. At the same time I am raising a ruckus on Twitter, and finally get a response from @netsolcares, with a link to create a ‘ticket’, and a guarantee that they will contact me with in 24 hours.
5. Next day, no contact, I complain on twitter getting a response that they’re trying to contact me, but cannot reach me on the phone (now they know how I feel 😛 ). I tell them (in email) don’t worry about it. Just reverse the charge, and we’ll talk again in February. They inform me that they can only reverse the charge if they can contact me directly for security reasons.
6. I complain with our Computer Club, and that directed most of our meeting conversation in random directions. It was awesome.
Fortunately, people didn’t let me lament too long in my own frustration. Their questions took us on a journey to explore the impact of Twitter, Facebook, and the global conversation on our current business practices. I cheered up, and enjoyed the directionless nature of what is our computer club. We bounced around Windows 8 and Windows 10, and then back to Twitter to cover setup and use of a twitter account.
I always enjoy talking and sharing with you guys. If there is anything you want to talk about more, please let me know.
This last meeting was a great discussion. I hope others feel the same. If you missed it, then you can listen to the recording from the link bellow.
Remember: everyone is welcome and invited to join us at Tequila’s on Tuesdays from 9:15-10:15am for our computer club meeting. If you can’t make it to Tequila’s, but you are online, then listen to us live on our audio stream you find at http://sccClub.org. If you enjoy these meeting, but can’t handle Tuesday mornings, then come back to our blog for the new meeting each week, or subscribe to our podcast from the iTunes store (search for: The San Carlos Computer Club).
Thanks, have a great week, and Tech on!
scott, headNerd for International Computer Solutions (www.internationalcs.net)