Hello all you tech-heads!
It’s great that you keep tuning in to check out our stuff. Please keep coming back.
Things have fallen a little behind, and I am just trying to get this stuff out before our next meeting. I’ve actually been working on a video project presentation for my eldest daughter’s Quinceañera. It is been occupying the majority of my time, and I have fallen behind on publishing our club cast podcast.
I hope you in ejoy this.
Today’s meeting covered the following topic:
- A Snow Report from our members in cold climates.
- COVID updates and personal experiences.
- OBS Studio – the opensource broadcast software.
- Microsoft 365 accounts tiers.
- About iOS 14 Updates.
- Queen’s Gambit (Netflix) – is a fictional story that follows the life of an orphan chess prodigy, Beth Harmon (Anya Taylor-Joy), during her quest to become the world’s greatest chess player while struggling with emotional issues and drug and alcohol dependency. The story begins in the mid-1950s and proceeds into the 1960s. …from Wikipedia.
- Why women kill (CBS All Access) – is an American dark comedy-drama anthology television series created by Marc Cherry for CBS All Access. Set in multiple time periods, the series depicts the events leading to a death that occurs after the respective husbands of three married women commit adultery. …from Wikipedia.
- The Right Stuff (Disney+) – is an American historical drama television series, loosely based on the 1979 book of the same name by Tom Wolfe and its 1983 movie adaptation, that premiered on October 9, 2020 on Disney+, as a Disney Plus Original Series. It explores the origins and growth of the United States’ space program. …from Wikipedia.
- The Crown (Netflix) – is a historical drama streaming television series about the reign of Queen Elizabeth II, created and principally written by Peter Morgan, and produced by Left Bank Pictures and Sony Pictures Television for Netflix. It grew out of Morgan’s film The Queen (2006) and his stage play The Audience (2013), and is credited as being based on the latter. …from Wikipedia.
- The Umbrella Academy (Netflix) – is an American superhero streaming television series based on the comic book series of the same name written by Gerard Way. Created for Netflix by Steve Blackman and developed by Jeremy Slater, it revolves around a dysfunctional family of adopted sibling superheroes who reunite to solve the mystery of their father’s death and the threat of an impending apocalypse. …from Wikipedia.
- Bloodline (Netflix) – a family-thriller genre, set in the Florida Keys, which explored the ghost of the past in family role formation. …from Wikipedia.
- Ken Burns: The 60 Minutes Interview.
Our meeting’s YouTube video is available at: https://youtu.be/C3BE1W_667o
We have returned to Tuesday meetings at a new start time of 10:00am. We will continue our virtual format with online meetings in Google Meet.
The Google Meet is scheduled on Google Calendar. If you want to be on that calendar invitation, then provide me your Google account id. Also, provide me with your email address, or follow the appropriate accounts to see a reminder sent out by email, Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, and WordPress on the day of our meeting.
A CHALLENGE: Can you design a phrase or dialog to trigger and execute a smart speaker commands, while masquerading as conversation? #speakerhacker – Any command execution counts, for example: play a song, get the weather, turn on/off a light. The goal is to covertly execute the command with conversation. We’ll play with our speakers and check back in next week. (see article: Uncovered: 1,000 phrases that incorrectly trigger Alexa, Siri, and Google Assistant.)
Special thanks to all of you that have been helping in my endeavors. The things I am doing would not be possible without your support.
Remember, you can always show your support by taking a moment to go on YouTube and iTunes to review, like, and subscribe. When you do this, it gives our efforts greater exposure and this is as valuable, and as appreciated as any contribution. (don’t get me wrong. I could always use some money. hahaha.) Thank you.
I am always looking forward to our next meeting. Feel free to ‘prep me’ ahead of time with any topics you would enjoy discussing.
Everyone take care and #techOn!
Scott Stimson, headNerd at International Computer Solutions (internationalcs.net)
if you need help with your computers contact: email@example.com
Please leave a comment.
= Communicate with Us =
iTunes: The San Carlos Computer Club
this podcast is related to a blog post found at: https://www.sccclub.org/podcast/november-10-2020-07-the-right-club-quarantine-meeting-36.