Another meeting with great recommendations and informed commentary from our members.
It’s always a pleasure to share and learn with these people.
Remote Computer and I.T. Help: firstname.lastname@example.org
Today’s meeting covered the following topics:
- Russian Cosplayer Can Transform Herself Into Any Character (30 Pics).
- What We Know About Star, Disney’s Adult-Oriented Streaming Channel.
- Changes to LastPass Free.
- Halt and Catch Fire (as an expression in computing).
- Behind her eyes (Netflix) – follows the story of Louise, a single mother, whose “world is thrown off kilter when she begins an affair with her new boss David and matters take an even stranger turn when she’s drawn into an unlikely friendship with his wife Adele. What starts as an unconventional love triangle soon becomes a dark, psychological tale of suspense and twisted revelations, as Louise finds herself caught in a dangerous web of secrets where nothing and no-one is what they seem…from Wikipedia.
- Sweet Magnolias (Netflix) – follows “three South Carolina women, best friends since childhood, as they shepherd each other through the complexities of romance, career, and family.”…from Wikipedia.
- Halt and Catch Fire (AMC Studios) – Taking place over a period of more than ten years, the series depicts a fictionalized insider’s view of the personal computer revolution of the 1980s and the growth of the World Wide Web in the early 1990s. The show’s title refers to computer machine code instruction Halt and Catch Fire (HCF), the execution of which would cause the computer’s central processing unit to stop working (catch fire being a humorous exaggeration)…from Wikipedia.
TURИ: Washington’s Spies (AMC Studios) – The story covers events from 1776 to 1781, and features a farmer from Setauket, New York and his childhood friends. They form an unlikely group of spies called the Culper Ring, which eventually helps to turn the tide during the American Revolutionary War…from Wikipedia.
- Castles in the sky (BBC – Black Camel Pictures, Hero Productions) – It is the mid-1930s and Germany is making rapid advances in weaponry, especially aircraft. Suspecting that a war is likely, the British War Ministry look to new and advanced inventions of their own…from Wikipedia.
- And So It Goes – is a 2014 American romantic comedy drama film directed by Rob Reiner and written by Mark Andrus. The film, which stars Michael Douglas, Diane Keaton and Sterling Jerins…from Wikipedia.
Episode Art Jigsaw Puzzle: https://www.jigsawplanet.com/?rc=play&pid=35c1d82eef31
Our YouTube Meeting: https://youtu.be/dzFCADp4HoE
The Impromptu Intro: The “”Mission from God!” intro provided by Viviana, and myself from the car trip to Guaymas. Apologies for the audio quality. I did the best I could. Only available on the podcast.
~ listen if you dare ~
We have returned to Tuesday meetings at a new start time of 10:00am. We will continue our virtual format with online meetings in Google Meet for the foreseeable future.
The Google Meet is scheduled on Google Calendar. If you want to be on that calendar invitation, then provide me your Google account id. Also, provide me with your email address, or follow the appropriate accounts to see a reminder sent out by email, Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, and WordPress on the day of our meeting.
= Find Us On =
iTunes: The San Carlos Computer Club
This podcast is related to a blog post found at: https://www.sccclub.org/podcast/february-23-2021-22-the-cosplayer-and-the-bird-quarantine-51.