We dedicated this podcast to the life and times of friend and member Stanley Braverman. Stanley, was a reliable contributor to our weekly discussions. Stanley would join our club for in-person meetings when visiting his brother Irving here in San Carlos. Stanley would bring to our conversations his own experiences with technology and offer friendly recommendations and helpful suggestions. When our club moved to a virtual format, we were fortunate that Stanley was able to join us on regular occasions. I know that Stanley leaves an impact on our world, because he left an impact on our club. Our club meetings have been capture on multiple occasions using YouTube. You are invited to click through some of our older meetings and visit Stanley, in good company, as part of our club. We’ll miss you Stanley.
Hello All clubbers!
Quick reminder that next week is Christmas Party Club and you are in charge of the booze…and the food…and the decorations. So be Christmas ready and remember your silly hat.
I hope you enjoy this installment of our club meeting, and remember; You are welcome to join us at the next meeting.
Take care and #techOn!
Your friendly neighborhood tech guy,
Scott Stimson, head-Nerd at International Computer Solutions (internationalcs.net)
Contact Scott for Remote Help : firstname.lastname@example.org
Today’s meeting covered the following topic:
- AVG Removal Advice.
- Important policy changes for Google Account storage.
(effective June 1, 2021):
- If you’re inactive for 2 years (24 months) in Gmail, Drive or Photos, we may delete the content in the product(s) in which you’re inactive. Google One members who are within their storage quota and in good-standing will not be impacted by this new inactive policy.
- If you exceed your storage limit for 2 years, we may delete your content across Gmail, Drive and Photos.
- Starlink – (I couldn’t say it better. Checkout these videos:) Starlink – the rural internet game changer for your homestead, Starlink Teardown: DISHY DESTROYED!
- SpaceX Starship SN8 Test Flight.
- Can I get Hulu (No Ads), Live TV, or other Hulu add-ons with The Disney Bundle?
- Pennsylvania legalizes autonomous delivery robots, classifies them as pedestrians.
- The Flight Attendant (HBO max) – Cassie Bowden is a flight attendant who is a reckless alcoholic, including drinking during flights, who spends her time between flights having sex with men she hardly knows, including customers she picks up during flights. She wakes up in a hotel room in Bangkok, hungover from the night before, with the dead body of a passenger from her last flight lying next to her. Afraid to call the police, she continues her morning as if nothing happened…from Wikipedia.org.
- Fargo (Hulu) – The fourth season, set in Kansas City, Missouri in 1950 and starring Chris Rock, Jessie Buckley, Jason Schwartzman, Ben Whishaw, and Jack Huston, premiered on September 27, 2020. …from Wikipedia.org.
- Texas Rising (Amazon Prime) – is a 2015 History 10-hour television miniseries based on the Texas Revolution against Mexico and how the Texas Rangers were created…from Wikipedia.
- Farscape (Amazon Prime) – is an Australian-American science fiction television series, produced originally for the Nine Network. It premiered in the US on Sci-Fi Channel‘s SciFi Friday, March 19, 1999, at 8:00 pm EST as their anchor series. The series was conceived by Rockne S. O’Bannon and produced by The Jim Henson Company and Hallmark Entertainment.…from Wikipedia.
- The Son (Hulu) – is an American western drama television series based on the 2013 novel of the same name by Philipp Meyer. The show was created and developed by Meyer, Brian McGreevy, and Lee Shipman. Twenty episodes over two seasons aired from April 8, 2017, through June 29, 2019…from Wikipedia.
Episode Art Jigsaw Puzzle:
Our YouTube Meeting: https://youtu.be/f3ot9h_OmyY.
The Impromptu intro: The intro was personalized and beautified by Vivi and myself (whether she wanted to or not!) Check back weekly for a Vivi-intro. They are only available on the podcast.
We have returned to Tuesday meetings at a new start time of 10:00am. We will continue our virtual format with online meetings in Google Meet for the foreseeable future.
The Google Meet is scheduled on Google Calendar. If you want to be on that calendar invitation, then provide me your Google account id. Also, provide me with your email address, or follow the appropriate accounts to see a reminder sent out by email, Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, and WordPress on the day of our meeting.
A CHALLENGE: Can you design a phrase or dialog to trigger and execute a smart speaker commands, while masquerading as conversation? #speakerhacker – Any command execution counts, for example: play a song, get the weather, turn on/off a light. The goal is to covertly execute the command with conversation. We’ll play with our speakers and check back in next week. (see article: Uncovered: 1,000 phrases that incorrectly trigger Alexa, Siri, and Google Assistant.)
Special thanks to all of you that have been helping in my endeavors. The things I am doing would not be possible without your support.
Remember, you can always show your support by taking a moment to go on YouTube and iTunes to review, like, and subscribe. When you give our efforts greater exposure it is appreciated as a contribution. Thank you for all your support.
I am always looking forward to our next meeting. Feel free to ‘prep me’ ahead of time with any topics you would enjoy discussing.
Please leave a comment.
= Communicate with Us =
iTunes: The San Carlos Computer Club
this podcast is related to a blog post found at: https://www.sccclub.org/podcast/december-15-2020-12-the-one-where-fred-says-ios-14-sucks-quarantine-meeting-41.